Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pella Wildlife Company

Cabin fever had officially gone to the next level with my kids so this past weekend we went to Merle Hay Mall here in Des Moines and visited the Pella Wildlife Company. They have a large space inside the mall on the second level completely devoted to wildlife and my kids really enjoy visiting it and I wanted to let you all know about it as well.
They have wolves, a Mt. Lion, a coyote, two black bears, a Lynx, Bobcat, and a few other animals that are all easily viewed in their wire cages. You can ask them as many questions as you want, and several times a day they bring out some of the animals for pictures and for petting (even the skunk).

These young black bears were small cubs this past year and my kids and I were able to help feed them and pet them, it was great! The other bonus is that it is only $1 per person to get in and you can stay as long as you want.
Trust me, Avlyn enjoyed it more than she is letting on! If you are a trapper they have all kinds of furs for you to look through as well, but my family and I were fascinated with the black bears. If you are looking for a cheap way to see some wild life up close and personal on the cheap, I highly recommend stopping by the Pella Wildlife Company on your next free afternoon. UP next: My hunting group plans our annual spring Turkey hunt to Nebraska! See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment