Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 9, 2015

It's Turkey Time!!



Several years ago my dad was trying to talk me into going to Nebraska to visit family we don't see near enough and to do some Turkey hunting. I'm not sure why but he had to talk me into it. I had never once gone Turkey hunting and had NO CLUE what I was doing. But as luck would have it, we all tagged out and had a great time doing it. Fast forward many years and now I can't wait to pack up my Matthews and head West to Northern Nebraska. 

Last year the hunting was a little slow, but I was able to shoot the coyote that blew my last chance at a nice tom :) 


This year, I'm looking forward to trying out new decoys, (Avian-X, so realistic looking I'm afraid my Dad might shoot them) new broad heads (autolock, brand new, met the owners in New Hampshire 2 weeks ago) and if I need to break out my Remington, a new Turkey load, (Federal premium Mag-Shok Heavyweights) so if nothing else, I will be breaking in some new accessories!

I'd love to hear from you! What decoys do you use and why? What Turkey loads? Blinds? Broad-heads? Feel free to leave a comment or email me at markdavis@outdoorsmanswap.com, I'd love to hear from you! If you convince me to switch I will send you one of our new outdoorsmanswap t-shirts!

Here's your encouragement for the day from God's Word. I was recently out speaking at a banquet and was able to share about the hope of heaven from John 14. The reason we can look forward to spending an eternity in heaven is because of the cross and what Christ did for us. In John 14:6 Jesus says that "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me." The Mark Davis paraphrase: "Jesus is the only provision given by God that makes it possible for anyone to ever get to heaven." If we are willing to admit we are sinners, and in Faith turn from those sins and put our trust in what Christ has done for us for the forgiveness of our sins, we can be saved. What an awesome thought! 

Until next time, GET OUT THERE! And don't forget to let me know how your Turkey season goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment